Monday, March 21, 2011

Food Dreams, part 1

It is the equinox, and so naturally my mind has entirely shifted focus from winter and school and is preparing for a life of eating dinner in the sun in my backyard, growing tomatoes, and not wearing pants.* And, naturally, just to match such things, my food ideas have moved from winter into summer. So I give you Summer Food Dreams, Part 1: pasta.

I envision a linguini, doused in a clear sauce and topped with slow-roasted tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese. The sauce is a reduction of butter, olive oil, lemon juice, white wine, and water, spiced with rosemary, oregano, and thyme. The recipe for the roasted tomatoes can be found here. Om nom nom.

Anyway. Sounds delicious to me. Add a salad on the side, made from snap peas and red lettuce with a balsamic vinaigrette including garlic and olive oil, and a little salt and pepper.

Sounds so good. I'll make that when the tomatoes are cheaper.

Kate

*Dresses, people. Seriously. Head. Out of gutter. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment