Saturday, March 19, 2011

New Tastes

Reevaluating how I feel about myself causes me to reevaluate the food I eat. Garbage in, garbage out, kind of style. Lately I haven't been eating anything good. Virtuous, but not good. Let me start by telling you that I'm a terrible cook. You should know that. Second, I have a bad habit of going to the grocery and not exactly knowing what I want when I get there, and then mistakenly buying all this food that I really don't want to eat, because it's cheap and healthy. I can't be the only one with this problem; I can't eat rice noodles, because they're empty calories, and I feel bad eating pasta with tomato sauce, because it's just so...college. Oatmeal is right out for dinner. Nor can I eat white rice, or potatoes...well, you understand. In paying attention to my health and pocket book, I have totally forsaken good taste. No idea what to do.

So. My plan is thus. I shall use up all the crap in my cupboard, and when we move at the beginning of May, I'll have a database of good food built up. From here on out, I shall experiment with better recipes, and learn how to spice things properly and make decent food.

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment