Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Latin update!

So guess what? You know that ridiculous passage I posted yesterday? Well, today we had the recitation, so everyone was declaiming for the class. Most people gave kind of flat performances, or said um a lot, or whatever. I went straight through with emotion and without saying um once. I tied for first with another girl - who did a good job - and then she beat me out on the tie breaking trivia round. So I came in second, but I got a $10 Starbucks giftcard! W00t! Now I can go to that place 100% more often than I currently do!

In other news, it's beautiful here today, with bold, golden sunlight, ecstatic, fluffy cherry trees, and a tragic abundance of syntax homework, which is easy. Too easy. One more day of classes, and then the weekend is full of family - my dad's coming to visit from Colorado for a couple days! - and and end-of-school party and Latin (my final is at 8:30 in the morning on Monday. Oh my dear sweet gods, someone just throw a javelin at me. In the eye, if'n ye'd be so kind). I'm kind of desperately horrified about the whole prospect of that. But! Today we signed the lease for that beautiful little Victorian house! We get the keys next week! HOORAY!

Okay. I'm going to finish my homework and get my ass outside. It's too gorgeous for all this indoors nonsense.

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment