Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Plans!


I'm moving in about a week and a half to my new abode, and I'm so excited that I've been planning all the marvelous things I'm going to do when I get there. Today, I feel extremely energetic and want, want, want to go realize some of these plans:

- I want to paint my room yellow, like the background on this blog. Perhaps a little paler, but not much.
- I want to construct a standing desk so that I don't have to do all my work either slouching on my bed or slouching at the table in the living room, barking my shins on the table legs as I fidget and wiggle, because I have a terrible time sitting still - my knees don't like it (wtf, I'm 19, seriously), and I do feel better when I'm standing. So. Standing desk it is. So that means that I'm going to go to a thrift store (like this one) and buy some chests of drawers, or a bookcase or two, or something, and build one for myself. I don't even have a desk at the moment, so it should be an improvement.
- I want to start a veggie garden and spend my free time mucking about in sweet smelling dirt and weeds and tomatoes. Nothing makes me feel happier than covering myself with dirt (again, wtf, I'm 19, seriously).
- I want to ride a biiiiicycle! Biiiiicycle! But I have no helmet, so I need to go acquire one.
- I do want to fix my hair. It's tragic and poorly colored. I'm thinking of making it a normal color so that I can start over. But I might pay someone to fix it for me, so that I never bleach again. Bleach = amazingly vibrant colors, amazingly damaged hair. Though I may also just cover it up with some darker natural color, which will fade to a strange and ugly brownish purple. We'll see. Anyone have a suggestion? I'm completely open to them! (Also, that picture makes me giggle. Like nobody's business. And that purple unicorn is Steve. He is a dear, sweet bookmark. Also gay. You have a problem with that?)
- On top of all this, it would be really lovely to have a job, too. I'd like that. But no word back yet about the lab work. Hmph. We'll see what happens.

Okay. Methinks I should finish my tea and get on with my day. I wonder what I'll be doing?

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment