Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Vale, care me

Ian has been gone now for six hours. Out of a possible 12 days. And I miss him already. My roommate is listening to bad music, loudly, and I'm avoiding my syntax. I wish she would just leave so that I could play the piano in peace. Secretly I need to make bread, but I can't bring myself to get up and walk into the kitchen, where she would see that I'm wearing my iPod to escape her noise and would invariably try to make light conversation, which I don't really want to do right now. I just want to stir some ingredients together and then forget about them until the morning. And then read short stories by Gabriel Garcia Marquez until I fall asleep. And not touch my syntax. I can't bring myself to go near that crap. Even though the final is tomorrow. It's just so distant and unreal and I don't want to deal with it.

On a brighter note, I have 48 credits from transfers, and 27 from this year, so that means I only need 3 more terms to graduate. So I could conceivably do a term this summer, then graduate next spring. I can't decide if this is a good idea or if it's extremely flawed and stupid. More thought to come.

I wish I could post something for you about food, but I haven't been cooking anything more interesting than macaroni and cheese. Note to anyone reading this: do not pair soy products with dairy products. There's no reason to. If you want creamy macaroni and cheese, use real milk. I promise. Other than that, I've been eating baby carrots and sliced celery with peanut butter and raisins. It feels better than eating bread or cookies while studying. I'm being good.

Okay, I think the kitchen is empty. Dishes, then bread. Maybe.

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment